On 7th and 8th of December Dalton International started the training for "International Dalton teacher" at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan. Students will have the opportunity to practice their Dalton comptences in the Dutch schools, which are official "Members of Dalton International". The training will last two years. During this seminar the historical value of Dalton Plan together with the competencies of the Dalton teacher were introduced.
Thursday, 12 December 2019
Thursday, 28 November 2019
On 21, 22 and 13rd of November foreign delegations from China (Wenzhou, Shenzhen) and Turkey (Izmir) had an opportunity to observe the classes, make interviews with the teachers and students to learn the functioning of the Dalton Plan in practice. Together with the group of teachers and students evrybody could exchange ideas, concerning implementing independent learning, cooperation, reflection and efficiency in everyday work. The groups have visited "Lorentz" school in Hilversum, "Achtbaan" in Amersfoort, and secondary Dalton school in Almaar "Stediljik College".
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
On 18th of November took place an International Dalton Conference in Poland. The conference gathered the guests from all over the world. The conference aimed to bring together leading teachers, directors, academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Alternative Education and Dalton Plan. It also provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners, and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Dalton Education in Dalton International development.
Friday, 15 November 2019
From 27th of November we were giving the training sessions and seminars to the team of teachers and parents of Shenzhen Xinhua Dalton School. The session lasted three days and were combined with a visit to the city council, where the board of Dalton International took further steps in cooperation with the city government.
Wednesday, 13 November 2019
Giving lectures to the academic environment of Wenzhou and team of teachers with management of the school.
Lectures concerned reform pedagogy, child centered education and many other points of advanced program for certyfying schools.
Coaching the team of teachers and class observation in the school took place on 8,9 and 10th of November. In that period three experts from Dalton International were impelmenting Dalton Education principles according to the academic standards of Laboratory Dalton Plan.
Welcome ceremony in Wenzhou Dalton Elementary School in China. The school is in the process of certification as "International Dalton School".
On 8 th of November the whole board of Dalton International participated in the opening ceremony in Wenzhou Dalton Elementary School. We could admire the show prepared by teachers, children and management of the school.
Saturday, 5 October 2019
First training seminars in the DALTON COLLEGE in Izmir with the enthousiastic team of teachers was a success.Our team of International Dalton Consultants will continue with the second training in March 2020. The process of training the school will last two years. Our consultants will train both primary and secondary school in Dalton College in Izmir. Our team of International Dalton Consultants will be responsible for:
- Provide professional assistance to the team of teachers; to guide the process of creating “Teacher’s Handbook”.
- Monitor the implementation of Dalton education
- To provide regular reports concerning implementation of Dalton education
- To coordinate special events arrangements, such as International Dalton Conferences, etc.
- To provide advice to teachers, school staff.
- To assume responsibility for communication with staff on all matters related to school Dalton coordination and organization
- To guide the new members of team of teachers to monitor the process of implementation of Dalton education as well as to arrange an appropriate development and support as required.
- Any other duties as directed by school principal.
- To contribute to the development and renewal of educational processes in the school and advises the director on this.
- To identify and analyze needs for innovation and makes proposals for the development of parts of new educational programs in the field of Dalton Education.
- To ensure appropriate implementation of Dalton education
- To maintain contacts with external experts and institutions.
- To provide an organizational and quality-enhancing contribution in the areas of school organization and quality assurance.
- To direct innovative Dalton projects and working groups on innovation
- To bear responsibility for the functioning of the project / working groups.
- To guide or advise colleagues
Thursday, 29 August 2019
Monday, 17 June 2019
On Thursday 13th of June, President of Dalton International Roel Rohner and Agata Sowinska together with the Chinese delegation from the Wenzhou Dalton College, visited the educational department of Chinese embassy in Den Haag. Together with the counsellor Mr. Meng Qingyu we were visitng the most important landmarks of Den Haag.
On 14th of June German Department of Dalton International (President Claudia Zanker),organized a conference with the participation of delegations from Austria (Austrian Dalton Association), China (Wenzhou Dalton College), Germany ( Unstruttal Dalton Schule), The Netherlands (Dalton International), Poland (Polish Dalton Association), Turkey (Dalton Izmir College) and United States (University of Minnesota- Dr. David Benson) . Each delegation gave a workshop and presentations about their schools.